Monday, October 31, 2011

152 Days


152 days left to go.
We've yet to send out our Save the Dates. !!!! We're getting them together for mailing this week, after Jeff was able to export the addresses from our wedding website (www.weddingwire.com/jeffandjenitaylor). We're still waiting on about 4 more peoples' household addresses, but the rest of them will just be sent out regardless.

Catering - We went to Charleston this past weekend and we actually had a tasting with Splendid Sushi Catering Co. It was delicious! Yes, they do sushi, and no, they don't JUST do sushi. The food was SCRUM-DIDDILY-UMPTIOUS! We got an estimate on how much catering would cost, and we're trying to figure out if they can do the Lowcountry Boil along with it. We'll have lots of vegetarian options for those who don't eat meat, and food galore for the rest of you! What I like the best is the way we were able to combine Southern comfort food and Chinese flavors. Sounds weird but trust me - the food will be SOOO GOOD!!!! I'm excited!

Decor - Mom was also able to show me the decor she bought and made for the wedding and things are really starting to come together. The caterers will be able to stop by the house soon to look at our yard to place where everything will go and figure out if we need to rent extra tables for them.

Making Cuts: the Dark Side - The hardest thing we've had to manage with is our guest list. We had to split our guest list into A-list and B-list for our first round of invitations. With the backyard limited to only about 100 guests, we had to divide our list from 198 guests to 158 A-listers and from what we've read, we should expect about a 25% drop-out... You can do the math and realize that not even a 25% drop-out will get us down to 100, which means we probably won't even be able to TOUCH our B-list invitees. Sad.

Here Comes the Gown  - I tried on my wedding gown this weekend, despite my not being weight-ready for it. The dress still turned out to be too big, with alterations still being in progress and the dress sent back to A Stitch Witch for re-dos. Next try-on will be in February. Hello diet! After healing from spraining my ankle the first week in September, I am finally back out running. I've gone twice so far, but tonight will be my first attempt at a real full-length run. Besides, I still have the DC Hot Chocolate 15k to run on December 3rd! Gotta get on it! Now that it's getting really cold in Virginia, I'm looking forward to running. Last night it was just 39 degrees and it snowed/sleeted/hailed last Saturday here! Gonna be a cold cold winter, hopefully the thaw comes early this winter in time for the wedding!


Coming up:
- Engagement Photos Session #2 November 5th
- Sending out Save the Dates
- Pre-Marital Counseling session #1 hopefully 1st weekend of December
- Hair/Makeup run-through and dress try-on #2 1st weekend of February (why is something in February being placed in my "Coming Up"?! Ahh!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!

    I just saw your comment and yes! I would love to see/hear the song! Is there somewhere I can email you?

    ReplyDelete