Friday, January 28, 2011

Wedding Date Set!

So, it has been brought to my attention that February 18th will be *slightly* cold (OK, really cold) for a wedding. Additionally, guests flying in from California, the Midwest, and the South may run into some weather problems (potential snow causing delays at major hubs like at Chicago O'Hare for their flight connections) in coming to the wedding.

So... we have changed our date!

March 31, 2012

  • National Cherry Blossom Festival is 3/31-4/15/2012  means guests can enjoy historic landmarks while taking in beautiful cherry blossoms in DC (just about 15-20 minutes away from the Venue)
  • Weather will be BEAUTIFUL!
  • Photos opps will be loverly! 
  • Jeff and I will be able to agree on a color template (navy, light pink, ____??)


To my bridesmaids, I mentioned 4/7/2012, but this is the day before Easter Sunday (brought to my attention by my future mother-in-law!) - I don't want our wedding to conflict with peoples' trips home to their families for the holiday. Don't want it to be 4/15 (The day of the Cherry Blossom Parade - lots of crowds and higher prices on hotels, plus a wedding on tax day? Hmm). So, the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival - 3/31!


Days til [new date] wedding: 428!

No comments:

Post a Comment