Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wedding Gown - ORDERED!!

I'm writing this post from Charleston (a wonderfully comfortable and pleasant 66 degrees, sunny and a light breeze, ahhh)! Jeff and I came down this weekend for my parent's Exchange Club Oyster Roast fundraiser. My mom made two appointments at dress shops down here, the first being Bridals by Jodi, and then the Bridal House of Charleston. Backing up a bit...

Mom came up to Virginia last weekend to see me try on dresses that I'd been interested in. I found the perfect wedding dress but wasn't sure what to do - would it be cheaper in Charleston vs. in the DC metro area? So, after much dress shop visiting, we found an adorable family-owned bridal shop - Bridal House of Charleston - that gave us a great deal for the dress :) So we ordered it! Thanks mom and dad!!

I can't divulge any real details of the dress, but it is a Maggie Sottero. The dress is so perfect for me, fits my personality, and it just gets me so excited! It'll take 12 or so weeks to be made, and then shipped to the bridal shop for pick up! The bridal shop will call me on Monday to tell me what the ship date for the dress is, ahhh! So excited! Now the search continues for wedding shoes!!

Dream shoes: 


I saw these shoes in a Bridal Guide magazine last summer and was captivated immediately. They are by Aruna Seth (a British bridal shoe designer) and they cost $1015 (with a 4.3 inch wedge) :( sad... I am so ga-ga over these shoes. Supposedly they are extremely comfortable and have patented cushioning by Aruna Seth... 

So, the Bridal House of CHS gives my b-maids a 15% discount on their dresses and the moms' dresses, plus if we get 6 tuxes for the men (we'll be having 7), Jeff gets a tux for free! So, now Jeff has to figure out what he's going to do tux-wise... Men's Wearhouse or the Bridal House? Hmmm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment